Thursday, June 25, 2015

Slowing things down

It has been a busy five months since I've been back to work. While I very much like working, occasionally things get busy around here. With sporting events, three kids, both parents working outside the home, and that general craziness that we all call life, things are just busy. I've been reading so many articles online about the "busy competition" among parents. Fact of the matter is, I don't want to be a competitor. It's a game that we are all forced to play, when you have one, two, three, or ten kids. Knowing how busy we've been, I consciously took one week off this June to slow things down a bit, and remove some of the busy.

While most days still have a lot going on, I get to soak up these sweet faces a little more fully.

More time in pajamas. Lots of time on the swing set. Driveway basketball. Pools and splash pads aplenty. And precious time with each of them individually, and together.

❤️ this week. 



No comments: