A day shy of four months old, our little Leo Peo checked in healthy and happy at his doc appointment yesterday. He's 25.5" long and weighed in at a whopping 16 lbs. and 6oz. Although he started day one smaller than his big sibs, he's working hard to catch up to them! He fussed, but quickly got over the sticks of vaccines. I hate shots. But, I hate polio more.
This boy is a trooper in so many ways. He puts up with our household chaos and schedules. He rests on my hip throughout a busy weekday evening. He gets toted here and there with big sibling commitments. He's...a third child. With that, though, he has the ultimate benefit of having two adoring big sibs. And they love him so. If he fusses the tiniest bit, Scarlet will bellow from wherever she is in the house, "I'm right here, Leo! It's ok! I'm right here!" Emerson loves reading and saying prayers with Leo at night, and finds his drool, his toots, and silly faces utterly hilarious.
This little boy is an easy smile, super ticklish, and has the sweetest flirty face. He's scooting all over the place and doing what can best be called "back crawling." He uses his legs and pushes himself around while on his back. He's also roly poly, in more ways than one. His arms and thighs are thickening. He's also rolling over as soon as he's flat. I start him on his back and within seconds he's on his stomach. This does wonders for his overnight sleep. He's clocking 12 hours overnight, with a 10-minute feeding about halfway through. This is fantastic, and more importantly, I can survive on this!
True to our parenting form, we started Leo on cereal a few weeks back. He was hungry, and chugging formula just wasn't getting the job done. And, he loves it! No surprise. We've also been sampling some fruits and veggies of late. Also, a big hit. I could share a million, but here are a few pictures that capture our little Leo Puh-jeo oh so well.
 |
| Chitty-chatting with mirror-Leo. |
 |
| Evidence of Scooty Booty. Can't leave him on the bed unattended! |
 |
| I could kiss this face all day long. |
 |
| He lights up, and my heart explodes. |
 |
| This face. Those lips. That sweet, bald, little head. |
No comments:
Post a Comment