Friday, October 17, 2014

Emersonisms - October 2014 Edition

Poppy spent a few weeks in Florida this month, and we regularly Face Time with him. One Saturday morning, Poppy asked if Emerson would fly down to go swimming with him, and Emerson very quickly responded with, "I'm sorry, I can't make it." As if it were just down the street, and he had a conflict. Sorry, Poppy...maybe next time.
______________________________________________________________

Mom, have u ever crashed into another car? No, but other cars have crashed into me.
Did they make you almost go off the road? No, but we pulled over to the side of the road after it happened.
Did the police come? Yes, they came and took a report.
What was the policeman's name? I don't remember. 

Did he love you?

I don't believe I answered the last one. Truth is, I don't know. Maybe this policeman I interacted with once, who took a report following a fender bender did actually love me. :P
______________________________________________________________

We have been super, duper, duper, crazy lucky in having Taylor fill in for us as a nanny during our 3-month child care gap. We had our prior nanny leave unexpectedly with very little notice, and still had three months leading up to my maternity leave. After wooing Taylor, she agreed to fill in for us for the three months, and has been a complete blessing! She spoils Scarlet in the best way home-cooked breakfasts, outings to the park, zoo, library, dress up and games, crafts galore...you name it. Emerson gets regular soccer matches in the front yard, and baseball in the back with Taylor and Scarlet after his school day. And despite my asking multiple times, Taylor is not interested in moving in with us. I even offered to make space for her boyfriend! No go. Nonetheless, the impact she has on my kids is just awesome. And they love her. Even Emerson, who takes a little time to warm up to new people has told us, "She really is the best." We agree, Emerson! We agree!
______________________________________________________________

And another Emerson-related note, never did I ever have any idea just how much time I'd spend trying to convince my child that cold weather requires one to wear pants. You would think that we're driving toothpicks under his nails every morning we make him wear pants. Which happens to be part of the uniform he wears, and they've made the seasonal switch to winter uniforms, so he must. Pants. Cruelty. Who knew? Can't wait until he needs to wear a coat every day.




No comments: