I feel like I've been really neglectful in logging and blogging. I'm OK with that, since usually that means I'm too busy enjoying the mayhem we call life to actually archive it. I slowed down a little this week in the evenings to look back through pictures and realized I never blogged about the fourth of July holiday. One of my purposes in blogging is for my kids to one day look back, and enjoy the stories and photos of their seemingly warp-speed childhood. So, it may be 7 weeks after the fact, but here is our week of All Things Red, White, and Blue...through pictures.
 |
| Our patriotic fun started with an evening in Buckeye Lake for fireworks. Scarlet and her best buddy Norah Jo...always playin'. |
 |
| The kiddo crew (bigger next year!) with the Lipp, Shegog, and Zielinski kids. |
 |
| The 4.5 of us. |
 |
| Emerson, totally enthralled. |
 |
| Next morning...to the parade we go! Scarlet had to be woken, and clearly wasn't ready for the paparazzi. |
 |
| Where are they??? |
 |
| Her favorite mode of transportation. Jason can't even start the mower anymore without her begging for rides. |
 |
| Watering my unwieldy garden. |
 |
| Post cookout, we ventured out for ice cream. Nothing more American than ice cream and toppings by the pound!!! |
 |
| Wrapping up the 4th with a little front yard baseball with Jason's childhood friend, Craig, in the outfield. |
 |
The fun doesn't stop on the 4th for us. The next day, we had some family fun at the park. I caught this moment with these two. Oof...my heart.
 |
 |
| An annual tradition, we headed back east for Somerset fireworks with all our friends. What's a 4th of July holiday without a blue snow cone?... |
 |
| ...And fingernail painting by your surrogate big sis...? |
 |
| ...And face paint? |
 |
| I don't totally trust him either Scarlet. Keep your eye on him. |
 |
| My three loves. |
Each year, our 4th of July holiday photos are strikingly similar. Can't wait for another little American bambino in our pictures next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment