Monday, July 22, 2013

Emersonisms - July Edition

Emerson is getting better at entertaining himself for a few minutes after we all get in the door. This allows Jason and I to change, start dinner, and unpack bags. Recently, he had a fierce game of Candy Land going on. Against himself. I was just a few feet away in the kitchen when I heard him say...

EMERSON: "Aw man, I got the Benjamin! I have to go back to the Benjamin!"

I played a lot as a kid, and have played dozens of rounds with Emerson in the last couple years. I don't remember there being a Benjamin in Candy Land.

ME: "Em, what's the Benjamin?"
EMERSON: "You know. The Benjamin."
ME: "Show me the card."

Sure enough, he showed me the card that he fully believed to be the Benjamin. With the gingerbread man on it. I get it. Gingerbread. Benjamin. Benjamin. Gingerbread. Too cute.
 ______________________________

Random Friday afternoon crafting...
ME: "Em, try to NOT get paint on the table, please."
EMERSON: "All artists get paint on the table."
ME: "Well, try anyway."
EMERSON: "There's nothing I can do about it. I'm an artist."
______________________________

This is one that occurred while I was out of town for work, and loved reading via text from Jason...
EM: "Daddy, do you know who the king of the world is?"
JASON: :Who?"
EM: "God."
JASON: "Good job, Emerson. You're absolutely right."
EM: "Do you know who is the king of God?"
JASON...expecting perhaps, Jesus...
EM: "It's probably Santa."

No comments: