Thursday, April 5, 2012

Breeding Baby Sumos

Remember way back when Emerson was born, at a burly 9 lbs. 7 oz.? I had warned my doc for weeks that I was having a large baby. To which he said, "Mmm-hmmm, he/she is probably around 8 lbs." In the delivery room, one of the first things he said to me after "Congratulations!" was "You were right, he is big!"

Well, I just passed the 24 week mark with this pregnancy, and am fairly certain I'm breeding another baby sumo wrestler. I haven't gained a lot of weight, but I certainly have a belly. And have quite a way to go. This child is doing all kinds of flip turns on a regular basis, which creates for big, early movement. Jason has felt some big somersaults the past few nights.

I've been focused on eating really well this pregnancy (eating kale chips as I type), largely in an attempt to not deliver a newborn that looks like a 2-month old. It doesn't seem to matter. I think this little one is already trying to rival big brother.

And I realized recently that these pregnancies were timed JUST right that I get to watch the Summer Olympics again while on maternity leave. Score!

No comments: