Emerson is all boy. Including every gross boy tendency. Randomly putting his hand down his pants (front and back), talking incessantly about nudity, poop, pee, boogers, and anything else that makes you cringe. Farting and giggling his little head off.
Emerson has never been a booger eater, though. Until a few months ago. We caught him in the act! I freaked. Even typing this makes me gag. I can deal with vomit. I can deal with poo. But I have a major aversion to boogers and the like.
We were super quick to correct this awful habit, every time it happened. But every once in a while, we'd still catch him doing it. SICK! I think he was doing this for a couple reasons. 1) It was easier than going to get a tissue. And 2) "But Lucas does it!" (Classmate at school.)
A month or so ago, we were flipping through a magazine, and there was a picture of the Blue Man Group in there. Emerson was intrigued, and asked why their faces were blue. Without a second's hesitation, Jason told him, "Because they eat their boogers." Jason and I just sort of looked at each other, both a little surprised at the comment, and the speed at which it came out. But were willing to go with it.
Emerson, since then, would randomly ask if his face was blue. Meaning he had either already done, or was planning to do, the act.
Somehow, by the grace of the blue-latex-faced Gods, Emerson has kicked this little habit. Little white lies can go a long way.
And because the world is one of irony, Jason and I got free tickets to go see Blue Man Group next week, so are planning a date night around it. But I swear, if one of them eats their boogers, I'm out of there...
1 comment:
That is awesome! Whatever works :)
Post a Comment