Monday, November 14, 2011

Wrapping up "PumpkinTime" (aka Halloween)

I figured I needed to wrap up one holiday on the blog before we moved on to the next! Emerson continued his love for all things Spiderman through Halloween. He loves his costume, and although wearing it since August, he never tired of it. I picked it up after Halloween last year, thinking he may or may not like it, and just wear it for dress-up once it fit. Well, he loved it, obviously, and it became one of his normal outfits at home.

I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween. I don't really get into scary stuff, and I don't really like candy all that much. I love all things pumpkin --- patch, picking, carving, roasting seeds, etc. I prefer the fall season by far over Halloween. But I love how much the kids love Halloween. And it turns out, Emerson loves the roasted seeds of the pumpkin. I make them two ways...salty, and sweet. Both turned out great this year!


Face painting at school...his choice is obvious.

Emerson and his adorable, and amazing, teacher, Emily.

Spiderman and two of his best buddies, Will the Fireman, and Colonel Beckett Sander. It doesn't get much better than that! The kids didn't really get it, but the adults loved it!

Beggars' Night Eve...time to carve! Auntie Jessi joined us!

Displaying our artistic talents...

The next night...before treating...

Poppy joined us for Trick-or-Treat!

No comments: