Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkins. Pumpkins. And more pumpkins.

This is our favorite time of year! Jason and I love the fall. Football, the cooler weather, the beautiful trees, pumpkins...everything about it!

When Emerson was just 2 months old, we took him to the Circleville Pumpkin Show. We try to get there every year. We go for the food, the sights, the parades, the pumpkins! The drive that's normally about 40 minutes from our house took more than three hours this year. I know, insane. Luckily, Emerson's Mimmy and Dzia Dzia were with us and kept him entertained during the drive. We had such a great time once we got there, though! Steak on a stick. Cheese on a stick. Lemon shake-ups, elephant ears, fries, hot dogs, pumpkin funnel cake. Need I say more? Emerson sat through the parade and waved at every single float, clown, and princess. Who knew there were so many "princesses" and festivals in the area! There must have been two dozen parade entries with princess-of-whatever. Everything from sweet-corn-festival queens to tobacco-festival-princesses. Emerson waved at every one! We left satisfied, tired and with very full stomachs!

Monopolizing on a pumpkin-filled weekend, we headed to Jacquemin Farms to pick our pumpkins, another annual fall tradition for us. Emerson had a ball! He ran through the field, and found some great pumpkins to take home. He also really enjoyed the "jump-jumps" and mazes. Jason and I really enjoyed the apple cider slushies and pumpkin- and apple-flavored donuts! And it was great to have Ted and Mary with us! Such fun memories for Emerson!

We love the fall, but it sure can be hard on our waistlines.

Raking with Dad on Saturday...soooo much help!

Mimmy and Dzia Dzia came into town for a night!

On our way to the Circleville Pumpkin Show! Had a great time...but could have done without the 2+ hour traffic jam the last 10 miles!

There's a lot to look at in this picture. I don't think I can caption it appropriately.

Emerson LOVED the parade! And had a great view!


Emerson's working hard selecting his pumpkins!

The family. Oh, that "cheese!" face. What do with it???

I mean seriously...that face!!!

No comments: