Wednesday, May 12, 2010

13.1

Well, I did it! Check that one off the list. I ran 13.1 miles in the Cap City half marathon a couple weeks ago. I ran it all, strong, and finished strong. I had two great girlfriends (and 9,000 others) to run with. It definitely helps to have buddies running with you, and friends cheering you along the way! I was surprised by a few who came out with signs and cheers. Such good friends!

As you can see from the pictures, the skies were ominous. I didn't mind running in the rain, and may actually prefer it. I felt bad for everyone watching. They were getting soaked! Poor Jason and Jess forgot umbrellas!

I finished in 2 hours and 47 minutes, with an average of 12.5 minute miles. I loved the challenge, and I'll definitely do it again. Now that I've met this recent goal, I can turn 30 this year!

Oh those skies...

"OK, we saw them start...now what?"

Peeking from the stroller...

Done!

Proud supporters...(Jess even made signs!)
Nice face, Emerson.

No comments: